The purpose of the JACADA professional development grants is to award recognition and financial support to individual members of the campus advising community who engage in professional development activities that will enhance the status of and demonstrate the value of the advising profession at IUPUI.
Submission of applications
Applications should be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. by each deadline:
For any deadline that falls on Saturday or Sunday, the deadline will be the following Monday. Funding decisions will be made approximately four weeks after the deadline.
Each application must include the following (in this order):
- The application form.
- A 250-word maximum "description and explanation" of the conference/event, the organization offering the event, and the applicant's role at the conference. Applicant should also discuss the value of the conference/event to the applicant, to the applicant's department/unit, and to JACADA/IUPUI.
- A 150-word maximum "contributions" list of possible ways the applicant could share what they learned with the campus advising community after the conference/event.
- A budget for the event/activity, including any additional, relevant details the applicant thinks necessary for the committee.
Each grant awardee will:
- Work with the JACADA Professional Development Committee to set up a "contribution" to the IUPUI community within six months after the conference/event. The end goal is to share highlights of your experience with the larger IUPUI advising community so that others may learn/benefit. This contribution can take many forms depending on your strengths, interests, and availability. Examples of contributions include:
- Brown bag share-back session (e.g. sit on a panel and share ideas that you learned from an event)
- Program presentation (e.g. present a presentation you took to a conference)
- Blog or Vlog to be featured on the JACADA website and/or in the newsletter
- Poster to be presented at JACADA Professional Development Day
Please submit your contribution idea via the following link. Please remember that you must complete this contribution within six months of utilization of the grant.